View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #92
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Not everyone shops single-source. Not everyone CAN. There's more than a few ebooks out there that are only available through X supplier. Until Inkmesh came along (I only discovered it last month - until then, it did not exist in my world), Google was the only way to find the exclusive titles. And even then, you still want Google for comparative pricing.

For people with ad-block and strong virus software, there's a big old Internet out there - not just the Sony site.
I know; I was just saying that I don't think that everyone Googles, especially for titles that are commonly available (like the Emma example). Obviously if you've got a rare title in mind, that's one thing, but I really believe that most people will start with their favorite source before they expand their search into Google. (Maybe not around here though -- that might be a good poll!)

I'm not afraid of the internet and didn't meant to imply that I was. I just like to manage my purchases in one place and given my interests, I have the luxury of being able to (sort of) do that.

On the other hand, since I'm over thirty-five, I should just said I'm old and set in my ways and not going to go over to this new-fangled Google when I've got a perfectly good dedicated store that I've used since the day I got my first ebook reader.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote