View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #16
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by flandroid View Post
It is; when I was typing my original questions, I had an image of the update-provider hack locking and closing the door behind itself and realising it left the keys inside. Which, I suppose, is kind of like leaving everything as it should be (vanilla 3.1), but I wanted to make sure.

But yeah, I was assuming that when (hypothetically) I uninstalled the update-provider hack from 3.1, I would have removed the SS hack and jailbreak beforehand. But I was wondering if the state things were in at the end of the procedure would really be transparent to, say, a 3.2 update, or whether it might not run because something was 'wrong.'

Guess I'm leaving wireless off for a while longer.
Obviously since we are dealing with HACKS, things are not entirely clean and neat. They are also potentially risky.

Wifi is also off here. I've been downloading Amazon freebies to the computer and sideloading. Although this morning I updated my html file which is basically a redo of my Blackberry homepage - links I use and like. I had copied it to the k3 for use in its browser but now I'm reluctant to test it since it needs wifi.

So has NOBODY tested this as of yet?
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote