View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #46
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin-c View Post
Until somebody goes to court over it, "generic reader" means whatever Amazon wants to claim it means. Personally, I suspect that would include an ePub reader, but maybe not. Like I said, initially Amazon will define the term-then you can protest their definition by suing them and eventually a court will decide.
My take on what "Generic reader" means is that they don't want people to replace the Kindle reader skin/GUI with their own. Say like installing FBReader and having that as the main reader. I don't think they will have problems or issues with somebody extending file format support.

In short Amazon wants to keep the "Kindle" experience and prevent others from changing it. Unfortunately they seem to be borrowing a lot from the Apple business model.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote