View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 08:52 PM   #48
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I was going to recommend the Myth series, but I could not find the entire series in eBook format. I know maybe one or two are available. But even in paper format they are worth a read.

I did see the movie (A Series of Unfortunate Events) and it was good, but not really funny. So do you think the books are better then the movie?
When I made my recommendations, I wasn't considering ebook availability, just books that made me laugh. I'm also hesitant to recommend comic books and manga since this website mostly deals with text books (although there are some incredibly funny comic books (like the the Mid-1980s Justice League) and manga (like Ranma 1/2).

Concerning A Series Of Unfortunate Events (ASOUE), I did think the movie was both funny and true to the books (although they did make a few understandable modifications from the books to fuse the first three books into one movie).

One of the factors that makes the ASOUE series work is the way that Lemony Snicket writes, something that is a little difficult to carry off on screen. I think it is similar to The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, where Douglas Adams has a very distinctive writing style.

Last edited by Solitaire1; 12-21-2009 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Minor punctuation correction.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote