View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
BunnyFromMars
BunnyFromMars began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Well I don't know yet so we'll find out:

I downloaded a pdf of a chinese novel, and it doesn't work on the ereader. Half the title shows up properly, but even the body of the text as pdf doesn't show up.
I then converted it into epub (through an online converter, somehow Calibre doesn't work either), and the text shows up as little squares (whereas previously in the pdf it's just blank)

So i'm going to try some font packages and get back to you.

As for the apps on android and stuff, I can't really answer because i dont' have one.

BTW wjohnson: You do not need to confine yourself to whatever a given bookstore has to offer. Any literature in any language is worth reading, and many times we confine our intellectual scope by limiting ourselves to one language. Many things are lost in translation, and the more vantage points we have, the better our world views are going to be. So i personally think it's such a shame that many product/software developers (esp. based in the United States) do not see that. Even now as I'm typing on my mac, I cannot read Chinese TXT files, I cannot find a way to read a non-latin language on my Kobo...I feel constrained and it's not very comfortable.

I'll go search for a solution and get back to you guys.
BunnyFromMars is offline   Reply With Quote