View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 04:45 AM   #655
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by trex_daemon View Post
I have an identical working kindle 3. I am currently creating a backup with k3flasher's script. I was thinking I could flash this to the broken one. So I suppose this will not help, right ? It wouldn't bother me to have the same mac or serial number. I won't be using both on the same network.
It's not a good idea to reuse the same Serial Number for two Kindles. You can find out the serial number of your bricked Kindle from the Amazon web page.

The MAC should be slightly less important, so it may (or may not!) be ok to simply choose a more or less random one. I've read somewhere that the "device" on Amazon is tied to the MAC as well, but then again, Amazon shouldn't be able to directly determine the configured MAC address via network (that's a different story of course if the *payload* that is sent to Amazon contains the MAC somewhere).
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote