View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 11:13 AM   #5
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
I am thinking of getting a Kindle in the near future. Can anyone tell me what format is the text, if that is the correct discription?
I have ebooks that are in .exe, .lib, txt, ect, that I have read on my present readers.
I am hoping/wondering if I would be able to change formats of the ebooks that I have to the Kindle one.
You don't need to convert files with a .txt extension; you can import them directly. You can also import .pdf files and Mobipocket files (.mobi & .prc) as long as they don't contain DRM. See locations 1790-1801 in the User's Guide for more information.

Rich text files (.rtf), Word documents, and HTML documents must be converted before transfering to your Kindle.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote