View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 05:01 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
force tidy to run without saving

in previous version there was a yellow broom icon but that has now gone. I cannot see any "clean this code - now" option

I do have clean set to operate on opening / saving but can find no way to force a cleanup without saving ( and in this crummy code instance - the clean on save operation hangs up...)

I had a poor source where each chapter was one paragraph with double <br class=.../> separators between sentences.

I tried all regexing those into<p ... > & letting tidy insert the matching end tags but could not succeed with that approach, because I could not force tidy to run on the whole book except by saving - which hung up.
I could force a tidy on a per chapter basis by toggling into book view and selecting fix automatically, but there a lot of chapters & I did not want to do them individually like that; I wanted to force a clean of the entire book.

I wimped out, went to calibre & did epub to mobi, then mobi back to epub,.

That sorted it, but what could/should I have done ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote