View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 01:44 AM   #23140
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
I don't remember hearing you predict a less than "very nice" day, even when you have to see the dentist
Any day that I wake up and no one is shooting at me is a very nice day. It's all perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Predicting you are going, rather deciding you are going to have a great day is a big part of actually having one.
There is NOTHING so important (to me, anyway.) as a positive mental attitude. I believe we can control our existence, and if 'we' don't control it, someone or something else will, and not always in a way that we want. I prefer optimism to pessimism, and in fact have been soundly chided for it by some. I admit it... I may carry optimism a bit too far. But I believe even yesterday can get better!

Every morning I sit quietly, meditating for 20 minutes and 'visualize' just what I want out of life. I 'see' it in my mind's eye. I do the same in the late afternoon. Then I get off my ass and make it happen.

If there are any doubts about the effect of a P.M.A., just look around. The people with a positive attitude always seem to get just what they want out of life. The people with a negative attitude are always complaining that they don't.

"Every day, in every way, it gets better, better, and better." Émile Coué 1857-1926

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote