View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 07:47 AM   #64
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Yes people definitely favor books available as ebooks. The problem with that policy is that it in turn favors books old enough to be in the public domain or recent enough so that release as an ebook generally occurs simultaneously with the paper book release. That makes any time period from about 1930 to 2000 problematic. That's a lot of great literary works no matter what the category.

What is the goal? To nominate literary books, or to nominate literary books that people will read? I can see that there are some hardcore literary participants, but I'm not one of them. I participate in this club because I want to read something I normally wouldn't, but I can always fall back to the other club if this one becomes to tedious.

We had two full nominations using a granularity of 20 years, so bump that up to 40 years? Or, how about, if your the first to nominate a pbook, you must also be the first to nominate an ebook also (otherwise your pbook nomination is null and void)?

Or keep it simple, since this is Mobile Read, all ebook nominations must be available in ebook form.

I think I'll do a poll.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote