View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 04:42 PM   #27
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Very interesting conclusion of your post, fantasyfan. Actually, it seems to me that Forster is equidistant from the British and from the Indians (Muslims and Indu). I mean in terms of affection/sympathy/identification for the individual characters. The elements of contrast, typical of his themes, not only make them clash together, but also within themselves. in a diffuse muddle.

Nature also, is ambiguously and generally hostile, the weather, the sun, the river, the landscape, the excessive climate. A never ending torment. Like the woman and the wasp, beyond the possibility of resolution and understanding. Something to be endured because that's the way it is, without a purpose or a reason. A core of undefined nothingness. The worm of the cave. Existentialism ante litteram? Mmmm... I never thought of it like that. But it fits somehow. I like it. Thank you.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote