View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 03:36 PM   #42
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Well, I download every free book that looks interesting.
Correction. I haven't downloaded most of the Mobileread library or Gutenberg library because the vast majority of those are A) not interesting to me, B) I know they will be available later. I also do not scour feedbooks and other places, but if I happen to have a link to an interesting looking freebie under my mouse cursor, I download it.

I grew up on Library books, and you quickly learn to be a opportunist when you are a fast reader and you rely on a small handful of relatively modest libraries - the town library, the county library, several school libraries, ...

I have discovered lots and LOTS of books and authors I would not have found otherwise. I also do not hesitate to leave the book unfinished if it turns out to be boring, or wrong genere, or I simply decide that I do not like it.

I have quickly found out that there are some offerings that are available only for a short period time so when I see a contemporary book that might look interesting, I can always find another few megabytes of free space on my disk. I can always delete the book if it turns out it is not that interesting, but sometimes when you read a good review for a book that was available for free and you return to download it it is not available anymore.

At one moment I was even doing critiques at www.critters.org - you get to read a story or a book and in return you write a meaningful critique. The books are very, very new, done by beginning authors that need somebody to read the story or a book and provide feedback.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote