View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 12:05 PM   #15
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
Dave: Thanks for the time you're taking for me. With your guidance I was EVENTUALLY able to insert the appropriate static IP's, etc. I then got into Putty fine (providing me a nice sense of Linux deja vu), but I couldn't get into WinSCP (even though it's based on Putty). It gave me the error message of "Cannot initialize SFTP protocol. Is the host running a SFTP server?"
Since the instructions on the OpenInkpot site were for Putty, this is one area where the instructions did not help. I just randomly tried protocols until one of them connected. Strangely enough, the one that works for me is SCP.
On the first connection some credentials need to be set up so you will get a few extra popups to work through on the very first connection. On all subsequent connections WinSCP initially throws a couple of warning messages and then works perfectly, at least in my case.