View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 10:27 PM   #163
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmv View Post
Hachette wants to do what's best for Hachette and brick and mortar book stores. Amazon would be perfectly happy to demolish both bookstores and publishers and become the only place in town where you can buy books (and everything else under the sun).

Hachette wants to sell both ebooks and physical books (hardcovers/tradepapberack). With a simultaneous release of the hardcover and the ebook, the price of the ebook will be relatively high. Once the (trade) paperback is out, price of the ebook will drop. I'd hate to see brick and mortar bookstores go out of business because of Amazon's domination, so I support Hachette and other publishers who want to keep competition and choices alive. Amazon is far too dominant already, it shouldn't become even more so. Cheaper ebook prices isn't everything. Look at Walmart and how that company has ruined small businesses everywhere while paying their employees next to nothing.
I'm against Hatchette because they want to go agency. That will raise prices on eBooks. Do you want your eBooks to go up in price?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote