View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 06:54 AM   #32
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Yes, we know that the Berne Convention doesn't require signatories to protect copyright works for longer than the protection they receive in their home country. But neither does it forbid such protection. Each country decides for itself whether or not to extend longer protection to foreign works.

The page you link to just seems to be the Berne convention. You'd need to find the appropriate Swiss copyright legislation.
Yes, it is the Berne convention. And if you sign the contract as a whole you sign it single paragraphs too unless you state otherwise. I couldn't find such a statement otherwise but I'm not saying I digged deep enough.
There is more than one paragraph inside the Berne Convention that explicitly states that the signing states may make their own regulation about this particular topic but it doesn't say so in this paragraph.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote