View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 06:03 AM   #4
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
.. and it happened again. i wonder what causes this.
the only thing i can sort of correlate it with (sample size = 2 is fairly shitty, though) is after connecting it to the PC (and possibly having the Companion Software auto-backup stuff)

update: and #3.. only now definitely not after using the companion software, but just after transferring files to it using windows explorer. has anyone else experienced this? (I'm not in possession of a card reader, so the iLiad is playing cardreader for me)

btw: if you have a card >4gb, is it normal for the content lister to count down from 4gb(the max it can display) - (amount used), rather than to display the 'free space available' amount that it could also use? because it did that before it corrupted.

if i move files off the CF card to the main memory after the corruption occurs (using emelfm2), the amount removed is again shown as free space, but no more. is there a tool i could run on the iliad itself to see if it can find faults in the file system?

update 3:
when i run chkdsk x:, i get this
"The type of the file system is RAW.
CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives."

Last edited by zerospinboson; 04-17-2008 at 11:07 AM.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote