Thread: iLiad iPDF idea
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 03:29 PM   #2
rincewind
Connoisseur
rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad
I made some gestures for the "enhanced iPDF" viewer, or the only one active there is the "quick erase" function (draw something and hold the pen still for a second before release - turns the drawing into an 'erase' line, removing anything below it). I have a different version that allowed me to change the color and pen thickness by drawing a vertical or horizontal line.

It is easy to include such functionality in iPDF, but not using the built in character recognition (or at least I guess that would be difficult). However, one should probably use some kind of existing library for gestures and then define some. Say, a Z for zoom, an N for a new page, that kind of thing. I also like to change pen color (adding color based on the gray tone when converting scribbles to pdfs), when taking notes, but the current interface is so in-efficient that I can't be bothered.

Rincewind
rincewind is offline   Reply With Quote