View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #11
Prince Hal
Zealot
Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Player 4.2; Nexus 3 (wifi only); Nook HD+ (possibly)
Clippings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grugni View Post
Hi all,

I've had my story now for 2 weeks and since unboxing it's locked up on almost every use.

On stock firmware (v1.12) it was crashing every 10 or 15 mins while reading pdf's. I updated to v1.61 and this seemed to alleviate the fault to only freezing at random.

However, it has now locked out completely and the usual reset and power off no longer restores the system for use.

My question is, have other story users experienced this level of failure or am I the unlucky one? I plan on contacting the reseller and asking for a replacement/refund but as this is my first iriver device, and my experience of the company isn't a good one, I'm tempted to look at another device.

Any comments would be gratefully received.

Dave
Dave, does the irivver allow you to highlight text and "clip" it out to a text file on the reader for transferring to a PC to put into Word ? I would be really interested to know. Also, what's the keyboard like. My Kindle's was appalling. Anyway, if you have time to test this out and let us all know, then much Karma will be heading your way.

Thanks, Hal.
Prince Hal is offline   Reply With Quote