View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #19
Nyoxi
Connoisseur
Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Nyoxi can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Oops... I see on closer inspection that you are writing to the root partition, in which case you may need the "mnrtoot rw". [...] I think that the "mntroot ro" is not necessary because RUNME.sh runs early in startup and the root partition goes back to "ro" mode in a later startup script, but it does not hurt to put it back in there just to be sure.
I know it's not related to this thread but since it appeared here I add my word of advice to everyone. Do not rely on something else to do "mntroot ro" for you. If you want to keep your root filesystem clean do it yourself as soon as you're finished modifying. Moreover if you do that during boot. The upstart scripts have tendency to pollute the root filesystem (strangely even to the point of preventing subsequent boot).
Nyoxi is offline   Reply With Quote