View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 02:15 AM   #6
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlaza View Post
I also always recommend Stephen King's most overlooked work From a Buick 8. Love that one.
My roommate is also a King fan and detests that book. I'm not sure I'd rank it near the top of his works, but I enjoyed it very much, probably more for the characters and setting than the horror aspects.

Aside from King and Lovecraft, I can't think of much horror I've read in the last ten years, and aside from those two and early Clive Barker, I can't think of any that I'd recommend, except maybe World War Z. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is comedy/horror (com-ror!), but definitely more of the former than the latter (I laughed my ass off repeatedly reading that book).

I'll try to remember Joe Hill next time I'm feeling the horror bug.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote