Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #528
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@pirl8: I can't promise anything, but I'll see what I can do...
It would be GREAT! Thanks in any case!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Keep in mind that it will be 'dumb' hyphenation by design, since we can't know the screen layout at conversion time. Every possible hyphenation point will be done, which might not be as pleasing as expected...
EDIT: Or be less aggressive and hardcode/add a setting to try to keep at least 40% of the word unhyphenated or something like that, in the same vein as ixtab's latest update...
I think that a rude customizable minimal prefix/suffix length (in characters) would be definitely enough (and maybe more useful than a percentage).

P.S.

I tried a brute force attempt with a section of a book to see the result and I have to say that with ­ it's much better than without, expecially with a large font and floating images, but it's obviously wrong to generalize.
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote