View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #42
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Have you considered using mindfulness as a way of improving your concentration? Look it up on youtube. You'll find both explanations of the concept and some guided meditations. The basic idea is to empty your mind and, if thoughts should occur, just watch them pass by, then bring your attention back to deep breathing.

Try it. It'll only take a few moments a day and may help.
And maybe try speedreading too.
I have no experience with this, so I'm just guessing here, but maybe if he read faster he would be fully occupied and better able to concentrate without drifting off.

If the problem is lack of concentration then it seems to me that trying to do 2 things at once is just adding to the problem, not solving it.
Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote