View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #1
rrvult
rrvult began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Problem with editing metadata

I just discovered that all of the metadata editing I have been doing has been in vain because non of it took.

When I go to "edit metadata", and change the title of a book (for instance to number a series), after I hit ok at the bottom then open the ebook in calibre's viewer, the title remains as the old title. The title and the title sort fields are the same.

For example: I have book titled "Book X", and I want to change it to "Series 01 - Book X" . I edit the metadata to reflect that, hit the arrow to change title sort as well, and hit ok at the bottom. I open the ebook in calibre's viewer, or on my kindle and it still reads "Book X".

What I have to end up doing is converting the book to the same type of file (epub --> epub) just to change the title. You can imagine that this gets really annoying on nearly 1K books.

These books are without DRM, if that matters.

Any help is appreciated! If this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move it. Also, I tried to search the forum for a thread with the same question, but couldn't find one. Sorry if this is a repeat somehow.
rrvult is offline   Reply With Quote