View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #32
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
These PMs are relevant to this discussion, so I am reposting them publicly:
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimo200
Good morning geekmaster. In the past I was unable to enter debug mode in the kindle's command line and you explained me that I had to use `instead of ' and it worked. Now I've a replacement kindle and any of them work, I've to use ;debugOn and then `help to show the private shortcuts. I'm having problems with myts and pageturn because of the keymaps (I think), and I'm unable to run waitforkey (with ; or `nothing happens). How can I know my kindle keymap? and why debug mode works now with ; and not with `? Should I reset to factory? Software version is the same, 2.5.8
Thank you once again for your help and regards
The "waitforkey" command is a linux command that you type at an SSH prompt at the linux command line in the kindle. It is not a searchbar shortcut command. You need to install USBnetwork from NiLuJe.
Quote:
Quote:
Strange. I run waitforkey in ssh and press kindle's keys. Home returns 98 when 102 is expected, and Back 91 instead of 158...
Okay, you have waitforkey running.

The keycode number might depend on your firmware versions (2.x or 3.x) because keycodes are logical values assigned in firmware and the 3.x firmware was designed for a K3.

Whatever codes you see from waitforkey are what you need to use to read that key in a script or program.
Quote:
Quote:
Ok, please, forget all about that... probably I run debug mode with ;debugOn and had problems running `help, it's a long time since I didn't enter debug mode...
I'll post in pageturn topic and try to solve it :-)
geekmaster, thanks for all your help and sorry for bothering you with noob's nonsenses
What are you trying to do in the search bar shortcuts? Just like keycodes, the shortcut commands depend on firmware versions, and 3.x firmware will use the same commands whether on a DXG or a K3.

2.x firmware uses backtab '`' and 3.x firmware uses tilde '~'. So, `help is for 2.x on a DXG, and ~help is for 3.x on a K3 or a DXG. As far as I know, because I have not tested it...
Now others who wish to give advice have the same information that I have.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote