View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #1041
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
I really hate giving bad reviews. I feel almost obligated to give a good one if someone gives me their work. But to be true to myself I didn't just give a good review for that sake.

It's a horror novel that had some good ideas, but fell short in execution. Mainly because of such weak characters.

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/charl...der-beresford/
I can't remember where that book came up for me - a request, or a freebie, or something, but I didn't opt in. It only took the first line of the blurb to make my decision:

Quote:
How Does a Hot, Sexy Mother Who Hates Her Daughter Put Her Ultimate Plan Into Action?
It's not just the "Hot" and the "Sexy", or even the "Ultimate" in that sentence, it's also the fact that for some reason the whole thing is in title case.

I didn't go any further after that. I know it's a bit harsh, but I've got this thing about the first sentence I see. If it's a disaster, I take it as an ill omen.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote