Thread: init.d services
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sencer View Post
Hi,

I am new to forum --and a new kindle owner. I have rooted my kindle, and trying to write a script that will run periodically. I was planning to use cron for this, but I don't have it. I have crontab though, I have a crontab file (/etc/crontab/root).

How do I restart cron? Actually how do I restart any service?
Ummmmm... If it doesn't have to be run at certain intervals, you could have it run everytime a screensaver happens... For that, you would use dos1's eventManager, located just a couple thread sdown from this one..
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote