View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 11:35 PM   #7
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
To go back, you can try using the manual firmware method. This should work OK for recent firmware but I'm not sure about the 1.9.x versions or even 2.0.0. These might need a factory reset. If you do that, use the desktop app to do the sync/upgrade to the device but before disconnecting replace the updated firmware files with those for the firmware you want.
Yes you can go back to 1.9.17. A factory reset is definately recommended before sideloading the firmware although you can go back without doing a reset. I've done it myself but I don't recommend it, your Kobo will develope quirks and the firmware already has enough of those.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote