View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 04:54 AM   #22
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
It is curious, I have a 505 and don't experience the problems you are have run in to.
Evidence indicates that the slowness on disconnect come from the 505 knowing its timezone. The only way I see that it can know this is that the Sony Reader SW tells it.

My guess is that Amalthia uses Sony Reader from time to time, and that you don't.

I also guess that hard resetting the device would make it forget the timezone, but I have no evidence for that other than the low count of people who seem to have Amalthia's problem. If I am right, then if forgets the timezone, the hard reset would cause the reader to go through a complete scan, which could play havoc with the metadata in the database. Collections should stay, but title & author would revert to what is stored in the book.

Someone I worked with many years ago said that one problem with intelligent devices is that we must be more intelligent than they are, in order to work around their preconceptions and biases. I agreed then, and I agree now, but it is becoming harder and harder to do.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote