View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 01:46 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Something light and frothy after two 'heavy' books?

I just finished my second book in a row that was really excellent, but a little on the 'heavy' side. The first was a historical fiction novel about a series of child murders in 12th century Cambridge. The second was a contemporary novel about a woman who was the sole survivor of a family massacre and becomes involved as an adult in investigating the crime and clearing (or not) her brother, who was blamed for it.

Both were really, really well done books and I am glad I read them. But I need something lighter now. Something much, much, much lighter. Preferably something in the free or under $5 range and available at Fictionwise or the free library here. If I had not already read all of the MaryJanice Davidson 'Undead and...' novels, something like that would be perfect. Or maybe something like vampires in space. That could be fun. Does anybody do vampire spaceship stories?

I am not a big fan of dragon/wizard type things, nor traditional space opera type stuff or anything especially smutty. But I do like a bit of quirk from time to time. I have liked Tom Holt in the past, and Douglas Adams. Pratchett is hit or miss with me, but I did enjoy Good Omens. I guess I want something really, really out there, concept-wise, where you just go 'I can't believe someone wrote a novel about that!' Honestly, if anyone has a good vampire spaceship story, that would really hit the spot. You can't tell me it would not be screamingly hilarious to have a spaceship with vampires on it. That is comedy gold.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote