View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 01:38 PM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
Or "refurbished" simply refers to units that were returned, "cleaned up" and verfied operational.
According to one post, they called Amazon, and this was their reply.,.,l

QuietWinds says:
I called Amazon.
The $180 is a "service fee" and not the price of a Kindle. What you get back is the refurbished Kindle.

I, for one, am glad to hear it since I now have hundreds of treasured books. However, even if that were not the case $180 is perfectly reasonable alternative then taking a $399 loss and losing a product that has afforded me such convenience and reading pleasure. That part is priceless.

So they do have a repair option, just not advertising it......yet.

Last edited by desertgrandma; 10-18-2008 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Left out part of quote
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote