View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 12:49 AM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Plus here in the US if you make a claim, expect to have your rates jump. Even if your deductible was that low, it most likely wouldn't be worth the rate hike.

That not necessarily true for homeowners. I made a claim on my renters insurance when our basement flooded. My rate didn't change. Sometimes with auto insurance this is true, because you generally make a claim when you've had an accident. Having the accident changes your rate because you've had an accident within the last three years which raises your risk level. If you have an accident that gets reported to the police even if you didn't make a claim your rates could go up. That is why many people for small fender benders don't want to involve the police.

Perhaps we have some actuaries here that can explain how it really works.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote