View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 08:35 AM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
I voted blog or forum, as I have enjoyed your postings over time and I like having small tech sites.

I have enjoyed Jenn K Lee's Pocketables.com site for years.
Actually, I kind of prefer user forums myself.
The only problem I find:
My thread "8+ readers" has grown over time. There may be lots of informations in it, but it's totally unorganized. If someone would look for "using Kindle outside US", he probably won't even find it in there. Or it's spread over 5 posts...
Of course, I could try to rewrite it, this time in a structured form.
Or I could have a single thread per unit.
But in a book, it way easier could be cross-referenced and interlinked.
I could have 1 chapter per reader.
Then I could have 1 chapter about boot times and all those features.
It certainly would be fun to write such a book.
But it would be frustrating of course, if no one would download it.
And, when spending some hundred hours with writing the book, I'd prefer to sell it for a small fee instead of giving it for free. (Although I'd prefer thousands of free downloads over selling the book only 5 times...)
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote