View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #40
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnie View Post
If I am not mistaken this time we wouldn't need all these manipulations with root FS and 'Java-related nightmare'. Pls correct me if I am wrong.
No, you are correct. But using the GUI launcher is a much easier solution and one that I could get done much faster than implementing a file dialog in the cr3gui sources itself (the extension has only ~100 lines of code).

I already played around a bit with implement a custom file dialog based on the code for the recent books menu but I didn't get far before it occurred to me that a GUI launcher implementation would be usable much faster.

I also would probably sink much more time into a file dialog, as there you can add a lot of features (showing size, sort by last read, mark new e-books, etc.). No danger for that when using the GUI launcher.
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote