View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #34
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
I never have any problems with em, en etc. with my PRS-300 with the standard firmware and no extra fonts. I just make sure that my files are encoded as utf8. Non-breaking spaces can then be entered from the keyboard as <alt>255, en as <alt>0150 and em as <alt>0151. Smart quotes can also be used and many other special characters.
I believe boatat72 was referring to en-space and em-space, whereas you're referring to en-dash and em-dash. Very few readers have trouble with the dashes... it's the special space characters that are hit or miss (without embedded fonts).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote