View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #16
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Any PW's I've seen in the flesh have looked very good, but apart from covering one up with my jacket to try and see it in the dark(!), they've all been viewed in lighted store conditions. I've now looked at six different models though and not spotted any of the problems that people have complained about.

Kobo Glo also only viewed in shops, but it looked impressive too. I do worry a little that the blue tinge would start to be an irritation when reading in darker conditions, but have noticed in the Kobo forum that newer versions of the Glo seem to have less of a blue tinge, so maybe it's something they are improving all the time. Still have the same concerns about firmware updates, bug fixes etc for Kobo, but I haven't read anything about the screen of the Glo being fragile though?

While my current e-readers continue to work just fine, I'm happy to wait and see what happens later on this year. Will Sony release a lighted reader, and will it be competitively priced? Will the next Kindle PW trump it anyway?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote