Thread: Troubleshooting Kindle DX and Dropbox
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 06:58 AM   #24
harryE123
Banned
harryE123 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex reader
Sure they are the best company to understand their customer that's why they've never actually released any sales numbers for the kindles... They are trying to force their customer base into making them more money with no concern for their real needs. Had they really taken care of what they might actually want they would have dominated the area, but they haven't. The ipad came along (a different but overlapping class of device) and kicked their behind in a few weeks.

Just let it go guys, you are in the wrong here if you try supporting the opposing view, these are not arguments to say adding 16gb instead of 3gb even as an option would be overbuilding. That is ridiculous with todays prices in flash, that would cost max $20 more.

And tell me how much would an sd card slot augment the cost? $1 dollar? At most.

As for my description of content being in your opinion one that "doesn't buy any books at Amazon" is again absolutely baseless.
If they provided a device that could cater well to my e-reading needs then I would buy their content too happily since I would be doing most my e-reading in that device. But to buy a device solely for their content and have them make it extra hard to use my content? They must be nuts. That's what sony tried to do with alac and the digital walkman, the first ones of which actually converted mp3 to alac, and look where they ended up, from being the number one mobile music device vendor to being completely irrelevant.

I am demanding two things from amazon: A storage option (sd card, not ridiculously low memory, dropbox interface, or any combination of these) and secondly of course that they offer combined discount prices for ebooks and print books (I am simply not willing to buy the same content twice for the privilege of being able to to read a book occasionally on the go). Had they not been shortsighted and greedy they could have arranged a heavily discounted kindle price with the print book (which would come close to the actual price of developing an ebook along with a print book) and a device with decent storage options. I would then be there number one customer as I have been with print books. Instead they are intentionally crippling their device so I can solely use it for purchases from their store and they make me pay twice for having a print copy too. Too bad they don't want my money.

Apple on the other hand pushed for drm free music a long time ago, drastically cut digital music prices and enabled their devices to seamlessly play content from any source (and apple damn well knew that 95% of the content on the ipods was not purchased via them) that's why they sold millions of ipods, iphones, and ipads. Because as Steve knows very well one should aim for volume.

Too bad amazon has their heads stuck up too far up some orifice to understand that.
harryE123 is offline   Reply With Quote