View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #5
Lycoming
Capt Chaos II
Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lycoming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2
Looks as if my enthusiasm has overtaken me again. Bob you are correct, they don't have the 500 or 505 format.

BoB sells the following formats.
Adobe Digital Edition

MobiPocket (PX)

Microsoft Reader

eReader

I now believe the 'ereader' format is for a palm device. Yet another $7.50 bites the dust. Never mind, still learning.
When I have bought from BoB and Fictionwise I have had to subscribe to their encoding system which produced a download in a .pdb file format which Calibre and the digital library do not recognise. Is there a method of purchasing a book from either of these sellers which will be recognised by my 505? (Bob suggests the Adobe PDF) Would mobipocket (PX) be the answer?

I want to spend my money, but there are some stumbling blocks I'm having problems with. Unfortunately the UK based Sony Store has a limited library and charges twice the US rates. (IMHO)

Any help appreciated.
Lycoming is offline   Reply With Quote