View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 10:44 AM   #2
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycoming View Post
PRS 505 UK based, new ereader owner who really enjoys the device .

I have been frustrated at the lack of apparent forethought or planning given to Sony's UK site, Waterstones ie the quantity and quality of ebooks that just are not available yet.
A few days ago I found Books on Board, and was amazed to find the books I wanted in 'ereader' format. At the checkout I was disappointed to notice they are for the US version PRS 500.

Q. Will Calibre transfer the 500 files to 505 files? If not will Calibre convert Adobe Epub, Mobipocket (PX) or Microsoft reader(?) to the 505 format?

Great system Kovid. (I did search but could not find the answer in the FAQ or history)
The LRF format files are common to both the 500 & the 505, as are PDF files. EPUB format files are 505 only, although you can convert them to LRF for the 500. Calibre can convert non-drm infected mobi/prc and .lit files to either LRF or EPUB.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote