View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #365
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Akirainblack: As usual, PW updates kill every hacks, nothing surprising there . (And, no, unless you do a factory reset/remove the linkss folder, it doesn't kill custom content. At worse, it might move it around to the overflow/discarded folder).

@hanog: Depends. I'd say aim for at the very least half the h/v resolution.
Works with DRM'ed files, yes.

@PeterBr: Remind me to check non-ASCII stuff again later. How Amazon stores it might have changed at one point. AFAIR, it seemed to work as-is on my devices, but I didn't test it much.

The pinfo banner is cached (because it takes a crapload of time to generate). If you made some changes to the script/your pinfo, delete cover_cache/pinfo.png (and possibly any full cover already cached, they won't be refreshed simply because pinfo changed) .

@KillerKlown:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Note for Kindle Special Offers Users:

This doesn't, and won't ever, help you bypass something you agreed to (screensaver ads), so please stop asking.
@hanog: It *might* be choking on your pinfo string. What do you end up with when the device goes to sleep? See my previous answer to @PeterBr re: high-ASCII/cache.

@AllenH: Forgot to update the info.txt files, so, that, at least, is normal . What do you end up with on screen when the device goes to sleep?

@PeterBr: About the mixed mode: theoretically possible, but a bit messy with the current design .

@urbster1: You did something wrong, or the install failed. You should *never* end up with the default screensavers after a successful install.

@AllenH: Nope, it will fallback the 'old' way of ID'ing a book (*fqp sha1 hash) if there's no ASIN. (And, yes, it relies on a proper date/time setup [ie. the 'recent' sort needs to be consistent], so that might explain the issues you were having )
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote