View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #58
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'd be wary of accusing Mr Dexter of unfamiliarity with words. As well as being a writer of detective stories, he's also well-known as a compiler and solver of cryptic crosswords. I strongly suspect that he knows a lot more about words than you or I are ever likely to.
I like Colin Dexter and his Inspector Morse Series. Harry T's post about The Secret of Annexe 3 made me pick it up again.
Colin Dexter is the Will Shortz of Britain.
For those who do not know, Will Shortz is the current Crossword Puzzle Editor of The New York Times.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Shortz
He also has a Puzzle Podcast Sunday Puzzle that is broadcast on Sundays. It is part of NPR's Weekend Edition Sunday.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote