Thread: PRS-T2 PRS-T2
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #26
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vala View Post
I too am afraid to possibly mess up my un-rooted T1. My eyes cross and my brain goes dead when I try to read technical information. I guess I am too old for much of it at a time.
I haven't installed Morkl's replacement reader, but I have installed his replacement home screen. For the record, I work in IT, so I'm tech-savvy, but the process is very straightforward. It's the same process you'd use to install a firmware update to your PRS-T1: Connect your PRS-T1 to your computer and launch an installer.

The most difficult part of the replacement homescreen is configuring it. There's a folder with a config file you have to copy over, then edit what shortcuts you want to have on the homescreen in that config file. I'm not sure about the installation of the replacement reader.

My PRS-T1 is also unrooted. I've rooted many of my other Android devices, but this one looks slightly more complex and is still a work in progress. I also don't have a large need to root it (other than to possibly install alternate reader software like nook, Kindle, or Kobo).
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote