View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #21
Yoshi 1080
Addict
Yoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litter

Device: iPad, iPhone, Mac
I find the iTablet extremely fascinating. I like the idea of a tablet PC, too, but most of all I'm impressed by the hype created around this vaporware and its consequences.

It reminds me of this company in the 80ies, which promised a ground-breaking new PC and ended up in bankruptcy because everyone stopped buying their current models and waited for this new device. Unfortunately I forgot the company's name, but AFAIK it's pretty famous.

The iTablet has gained an enormous presence in media, influences Apple's stocks and even drives competing companies into rushing out their own visions of tablet surf whatevers. And at the same time I believe that it is one of the main reasons why these competitors like the Joojoo will fail, as everyone's waiting for Apple. I believe that it even influences the eBook reader market since it's said to be supporting interactive magazines and whatelse.

Most fascinating: Apple never even mentioned a tablet! All the hype, all the symptoms described above were created solely by rumors and fanfiction. Apple didn't do anything to provoke this hype and that's really the brilliance of it. Apple has always been one of the driving forces in the computer industry, but now it has reached a point where it even influences the industry by simply saying nothing. Brilliant.

---

Me, I'm most likely going to buy it. As long as it won't be more expensive than a MBA and have multitasking, that is. I could envision many cool things to do with such a device. To be honest, if Joojoo had a real operating system, I could have seen myself preordering that.
Yoshi 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote