View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 07:22 AM   #61
ballfresno
Addict
ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (Sage, Aura One, Aura HD, & Touch); reMarkable tablet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
I can't believe that folks are wiling to pay in order to endure such frustration.
Cancel your subs, tell their customer services why, and what they need to do to get your custom back, then get from *other* sources until they come to their senses.
Seems like only a boycott will get their attention.
If the authors represented are in blissful ignorance, look for a way to message them also.
Yes, I am starting to come around to this view as well. I wrote Analog about this well before Christmas and did not receive any response. I would have thought that a magazine with such a small circulation would take their few readers rather more seriously than they do.

I have been a reader for almost 40 years now; I remember, almost as if it were yesterday, picking up the June 1973 issue in a shop in Edmonton after school one day and being completely enthralled by it when I started reading it. It depresses me to think I may stop reading this magazine but it's getting to be not worth the effort. It's not as if I don't have enough to read.

It is rather ironic that an SF magazine would be unable to really get to grips with the digital age... sigh.
ballfresno is offline   Reply With Quote