View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #8
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrahloh View Post
[...]If you want more info, let me know.
Did you have to be signed up with Kobo before you found out you could deal with them in Australia? If not, how did you find out?

As for tax. Yes, I could have applied, but - as I understand it - they still withhold 5% for Australians. We can offset that on our tax returns (which we could do even if we let them withhold the full 30%) but that means declaring the income which - since this is still a hobby for me - would not be necessary otherwise. And Amazon can still only pay me in Australia by sending a cheque which would then cost to deposit (discussed on another thread). So I shopped around and chose BookBaby which appears to get me out of those problems, and into places I can't get to on my own (B&N etc.). It costs, but then it was all going to cost me in one way or another. Obviously others will make their own choices but - so far - I'm not unhappy with mine.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote