View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post
And yet I bought mine in mid december and it came with the v538 already installed, and of course it doesn't fix the problem. So I'm thinking that they were talking about this update.
To clarify: Gen3's started SHIPPING with v538 from some time in December (yours must have been one of the first to have it), but it was only made available as an UPGRADE for older machines from about the end of Jan.

In the older build v476, the real-time clock of the Gen3 didn't preserve the date when the machine was switched off; in v538 it does. What build 538 doesnt have is a user interface to set the date, which is why it has to be done using a file. Once you've set it, though, it should "stay" set, and library books should work OK. The forthcoming update should provide a user interface to set the clock without having to go through all the fuss with the file.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote