View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 02:16 AM   #16
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Yeah, sounds like you have a plan. I think the only way to retain sanity is to add books in a very disciplined fashion such as by author or series as you suggest.

My original plan was to just "get everything in there" and then clean it up. Unfortunately I keep getting distracted by writing plugins etc so my backlog keeps growing and I am betwixt and between...

I think I need to change my approach - I've written tools that do a lot of preprocessing outside of Calibre to workround the issues somewhat but it's really only bandaids and delays the inevitable. I think rather than the goal of getting everything into Calibre first, I will just start afresh with a new library and do author by author starting with the ones most likely to be read first. I'll obviously still have an enormous duplicated mish-mash mess of books for everything not yet processed, but I had that anyway before I found Calibre
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote