View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 05:43 PM   #37
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by odedta View Post
Neither am I and that's what I said... to which centering glitch are you referring to?

The only difference I saw between the Calibre viewer and the iPad's iBooks app is Calibre's inability to display the aside footnote pop-ups as beautifully as the iPad does, it basically renders them as regular links.
I even one day tried to find a javascript solution for other devices to show asides like the iPad does but then I remembered they will have to support Javascript so I dropped it :P
The pretty-infamous centering glitch? The one where if you don't wrap content in interior spans, in addition to centering them doesn't work? iBooks has had a glitch, certainly still in existence on 1st-gen iPads, that doesn't recognize the text-align property in CSS. It only works if you enclose a second element within the p class (or image class, etc.) that has the text-align property.

n.b.: this glitchyness also seems to affect K4iOS, FWIW.

ETA: Here's a link from Liz's blog about some of it (it's not just iBooks, either, although I don't know if it's been cleared up across all readers: http://www.pigsgourdsandwikis.com/20...-ereaders.html )

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 06-13-2014 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Added reference link
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote