View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #119
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
I love space opera, military SF, historical romance, contemporary romance, fantasy (yea, even Robert Jordan), "women's" fiction, some lit fic, historical fiction, some classics, nonfiction (especially in the sciences and social sciences), all up and down the "quality" spectrum.

One of the things I love about my kindle is that I can read my book and no one else would ever know that I am reading a gay werewolf romance unless I tell them. I'm not exactly ashamed of it but when someone is putting aside their Very Serious Book to ask what I'm reading, it can be embarrassing.

On the other hand, I like reviewing the books I read. I like finishing a bad book and giving it a bad (I try to be fair and non-malicious) review almost as much as I like finishing a decent book and giving it a decent review. A wonderful book is another matter--that's a higher enjoyment independent of reviewing it for others. That's why I like goodreads--there's no embarrassment in reading your gay vampire romance if your entire group has chosen it as book of the month (but maybe I don't have my churchy MIL friend me on goodreads either!)
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote