View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 10:30 AM   #5
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by crc View Post
Nigol, thanks for the answers.

The lack of both collections and folders is disappointing, but not a deal breaker. At least it won't scan the memory card every time like my old Sonys did...

In the event that anyone has tried a Kobo Touch with a library in excess of a few thousand books, how well does the search function work for locating a particular book or author? (I can't see myself scrolling through 30k books to find one, and with no folders or collections to organize them, a good search capability would be necessary I think)
My books on my sd card are all in folders. I have the kobo touch. Thats how calibre copied them over. So that works there, not sure if thats what you mean. I have been waiting for Kobo to come around and add collections and series support etc., They were quite fast adding some of the other things. Yes the scanning takes some time, but I think thats the same for most Readers. Although it is possible kobo might come around and build that support into the desktop software.. where its all done on your comptuer and thus speeding things up on your reader.

good luck

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote