View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 04:09 AM   #50
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Pretty interesting thread you guys got going here. I wasn't going to contribute to this discussion until I read this comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
defensive? I actually looked at the kindle before the nook. The only one sounding defensive is you .
Which I can understand, an iphone and a kindle? Not extacly setting any trends or thinking to independantly are ya?
That just sounds snarky to me, regardless of the smiley at the end.

Although I do agree with the statement that 'popular' doesn't necessarily mean 'best', I also think the definition of 'best' depends on the person buying. What's best for me isn't necessarily best for someone else. We all have different standards and different needs. And maybe even more important: a different financial situation.

I have an iPhone (which I'm very happy with) and my Kindle will arrive next week. I didn't buy them to be part of the cool and popular group (as the comment above seems to suggest). I bought them because I believe they are the products that suit me best. I don't want to set any trends, because I'm not 12 anymore.

There sure are 'sheep' out there who just buy what is most popular. But the majority of the people actually think before they buy something. Especially when there's an economic crisis going on and the thing they want to buy costs a lot of money.
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote